Monday, March 11, 2013

The gift of life... Prayers asked.

I don't know of two people who have influenced my life more than my parents. I don't nearly say it enough.

When you lose a parent there is this constant sense of regret... I find I constantly have the "I wish I just had one more day, one more hug, one more time to say how amazing they were, how much they did to make me a better person, to thank them, etc..." The list could go on and on.

But today I have an opportunity to share with great gratitude the gift my Mom is. For I have the opportunity to say how awe struck I am by my mother, who's selflessness inspires me daily.

Tomorrow is a big day for two families: mine and our dear friends the Mingolelli's.  My Mom will be donating her kidney to not just a man, but one of the most generous, kind, hilarious, tender men one could meet. I don't just get to say that because I have met him once her twice. I get to say that because I have grown up with this family. His daughter Laurie is like a sister to me. His family was a rock and constant source of love through my younger years and remains so dear to me and now my own children. I have been sitting here trying to explain the goodness and love this family exudes and words just don't even begin to come close.

I can't tell you how honored the Thorp family is to be able to help the Mingolelli family. My Mom and Mike Mingolelli will be in surgery first thing in the morning on March 12th.

Please pray for all, especially Barbara, Mike, the surgeons and our families. We pray that the recovery for all, especially Mike will be swift and without complication.

You all will remain in our prayers as we walk through these remaining days of Lent.



1 comment:

  1. Right on, Catherine! I too am in awe of what your mom is doing & has been doing (especially in her work with abuse victims). Storming heaven. Getting your dad to work overtime.
    Uncle Burnie

    ReplyDelete