Monday, May 19, 2014

Finally a book by David Thorp!

 If you knew David Thorp than you know he was an amazing speaker and writer. His reflections, some of which I try to share on my blog, have finally been put into a book format.

I know many people would say to Dad, "David you really need to write a book." He would always politely laugh it off. Well Dad, the day has come... you have written a book!

After combing through the many, many files I came across an incredible find: Three years of reflections Dad did in anticipation for the Jubilee Year. So once a week, for three years Dad wrote reflections for the local Charismatic Renewal Newsletter focusing on the Holy Trinity.
"Wow," I said to myself, "This has got to be shared!" So, I asked Mom, "What about the Paulist's down in D.C. Do you think I could contact them?" "Mom, said, It couldn't hurt! Give it a try!"

Dad had on and off over the years done reflections during Advent and Easter for the Paulist's and Mom knew a couple of priests that I could contact. Without question I got a resounding yes from Fr. Frank DeSiano, President of Paulist Evangelization Ministries. He and his staff have painstakingly taken on the task of turning pages upon pages of Dad's writings into a beautifully concise book of reflections, allowing also space to journal.

We could not be more thrilled with the book. We know Dad is overjoyed and I can see him saying now, "For God's Glory!"

You can order a copy here from www.pemdc.org

Click here for a pdf flyer you can share with friends, family, your local parish, etc.

1 comment:

  1. What a gift, Catherine! So happy for all of you this has come together--a great legacy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete