Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Reflections, Week Three, Tuesday

So, we have come to a crossroads here... I was all ready to re-post Dad's reflection from the Feast of St. Lucy back in 2001 and well, it didn't match up.  A little nervous I checked the rest of the week and none of them matched up either.  My heart sank a little.  I must confess, as much as I have wanted to share all these reflections with you, I have also been deeply comforted by them as well.
That being said, I have decided to go ahead and re-post the rest of the reflections for this week and next even though they don't match up with the readings of the day.  I feel that irregardless of the particular readings (which ARE still important) that the reflections alone carry the Advent spirit.

Please keep that in mind when reading them and I hope that they inspire you daily, give you time to reflect as we wait for His Birth.


Tuesday, December 19, 2000
Judges 13:2-7, 24-25a ~ Psalm 71:3-6, 16-17 ~ Luke 1:5-25

“He will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah … to prepare a people fit for the Lord.” Luke 1:17 [NAB, revised]

In the world of retailing, in order to give people savings, there is a constant effort to eliminate “the middle-man,” that person between the producer and the consumer who will make a profit for himself. God, on the other hand, is always looking for more “middle-men,” especially those like John the Baptist about whom the angel is speaking in today’s Gospel. It is awesome to think that God, who created all things without us, looks to us to play a part in bringing him to the world. The more that the witness of our life, our actions and our words makes the Lord present, the more others will be prepared to allow the Lord into their lives to bring his saving presence. And, the profit that will be ours knowing that someone has been fitted for the Lord! 

God, thank you for putting me in the middle of some many places where I can give witness to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment