Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Reflections, Monday, Second Week of Advent


Okay, so yes, these were Monday's readings and yes it is Tuesday.  Man, I was on such a roll too. Will try to get back on putting them out everyday. 
Another thing besides this being Monday's readings there are some quirks about re-posting Dad's stuff from 2000. Today would have been the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe and because of that the readings don't match up.  I am going to save it for next week and share it then. But, because of this there is are no reflections for today. Tomorrow I should be back on track! 

On a more reflective note, to answer Dad's question (one that I know he was asking himself as well when he wrote this) is yes, there are a few mountains, and feeling quite parched, yes the going is rough -- mostly because we are all missing Dad more than words could ever describe.  But the reverse would bring Dad back and well, that can't happen but there is  GREAT reverse going on or another word I would use is redemption! I have mentioned this before but everyday I believe God is redeeming Dad's death for HIS GLORY alone.  And well, that is probably one of the greatest reverses ever! 

Monday, December 11, 2000
Isaiah 35:1-10 ~ Psalm 85:9-14 ~ Luke 5:17-26

 “The desert and the parched land will exult; the steppe will rejoice and bloom.” Isaiah 35:1

Advent is a time full of great promises and great hope. When we consider the words of Isaiah today and from chapter 41 in a few days, we realize that these can be days of God’s mighty reverses. There will be streams in the desert and rivers on the steppe. Valleys will be filled in and mountains made low. Eyes and ears will be opened. The voiceless will sing out to God. The rough country will become a broad valley and the rugged land will be made into a plain. I hear God’s declaration in a personal way: “If I can do all these things, I can work in your life. Do you have mountains and valleys in your life? Are you parched and feeling lifeless? Is the going rough? What needs reversing in your life?”

Lord of all reversals, I give my desert and steppe, my mountains and valleys to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment