Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent Reflections: Week Two, Wednesday


Dad says in this reflection, "God will not grow weary but will reach to pick us up again."  In every foil and fumble in my life God has been there in the midst of it carrying me through. Someone told me once to lay all your sorrows, all your joy, all your pain, etc. -- lay everything before the Lord.  For me, I have a tendency to feel like I am burdening the Lord, or He is kind of getting sick of me struggling with the same thing.  Or I think, this is such an impossible thing to put before Him in prayer that why even bother -- but I have to catch myself during those moments and recognize that they are lies straight from the pit of hell.  That instead of growing weary the Lord is actually DELIGHTING in us going to Him, relaying on Him, putting our own pride aside to let Him carry us.  

Wednesday, December13, 2000  
 Isaiah 40:25-31 ~ Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10 ~ Matthew 11:28-30

“The Lord is the eternal God, creator of heaven and earth. He does not faint nor grow weary.” Isaiah 40:28

A friend with whom I worked closely could see something was wrong. “You look tired,” she said. “That’s not it,” I replied. “I’ve been tired before – from long hours, from all the work. But with a little rest I’m ready to go again.” “Then, you must be tired of the work. You’re weary and you want to pack it in.” As soon as she said it I knew she was right. It took a long time to recover from the weariness. God never tires from loving us; God’s love is always full and fresh. And, even more wonderfully, God never grows weary of loving us. God never wants to pack it in. Even after God has repeatedly picked us up we may stumble many more times. God will not grow weary but will reach to pick us up again.

Eternal God, renew me in your endless strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment